i set up a new tank and got some fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishKeeper2015

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey, So i set up a new tank and got some fish in there nothing to good. Then one day me and my friend noticed a leopard spotted puffer. I didn't get it that day but I went the next day and i was told it was not there anymore even though it was there. Anyway a two weeks later my friend went to a different store and told me they were there. I got excited and bought them on impulse. (Bad Idea). Now its been almost a week and i have had a barb die of a nipped tail and a tetra eaten. I had pulled out an aggressive platy from the tank and gave it to my sister which didn't want it and shoved it back in the tank when I was gone. A couple hours after she shoved it in my vieltail cherry barb lost part its tail. Today i woke up to find that a baby tetra had completely lost its tail and was floating around. I had my puffer in the tank for a week and nothing happened until the Mickey mouse platy was put back so i don't know what is causing this attack pattern. Today i came back from school to find that my baby tetra had been eaten and was gone. My barb was stuck to the filter dead. Could someone give me advice on how to catch which fish could be doing this and if it is the Leopard Puffer could you tell me what fish to keep it with. My tank is slowly dying after yesterdays attack. My fish are hiding and I quarantined my small fish. HELP Please

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Its been about two weeks now and the fish are swimming happily around him. No more deaths. Turnes out he doesnt attack fish that are community and are 2 1-2 inches long. Like platys. Moved to almost brakish water with my platies killi and platies

As adults they get to 6" long and need full saltwater. "Almost brackish water" will not work for long.

I seperated him into a fully saltwater thingy majig until i figure out how to get rid of him. He eats my fishes tails

Yup, almost all freshwater puffers at avid fin nippers. I hope the thingy magig can handle the bio load and such if said puffer

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom