Ick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dotswithchemicals

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've noticed a very few white spots on my little balloon molly since I got him, but they kept dissapearing and reappearing. I thought it was ick but was told it may not be; well today I am very sure.. my swordtail has quite a few spots on his tail.

I upped my temperature and added salt to my tank to try and get rid of it (just today since I noticed) and I was wondering how long this method takes and how can I tell if its processing well? Less spots everyday?

It will get worse before it will get better, and can take up to 2 weeks to fully cure. Keep up the treatment for a few days after you don't see any spots anymore just to make sure you kill all the little buggers

I've noticed a very few white spots on my little balloon molly since I got him, but they kept dissapearing and reappearing. I thought it was ick but was told it may not be; well today I am very sure.. my swordtail has quite a few spots on his tail.

I upped my temperature and added salt to my tank to try and get rid of it (just today since I noticed) and I was wondering how long this method takes and how can I tell if its processing well? Less spots everyday?

make sure you up your temp slowly! just a degree or two a day no more! add the salt and keep up with replacing it with any water changes you do. the increase in temp will make the cycle go faster so the spots should be gone soon - maybe a few days. just stay with it for like 10 days after you have achieved your desired temp

Back
Top Bottom