Ick Guard and Bushynose Plecos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dotswithchemicals

Aquarium Advice Activist
Is ick guard by tetra okay for bushynose plecos? I forgot to check and I put it in there for my other fish already.

Should I take them out or is it okay? One tablet was used for a 15 gallon

And I basically took the carbon out from the filter... can I just leave it in there or does it damage it?

The carbon takes the medication out. So id take the carbon out but not the media.

My filter has the cartridge and a black type thing.. the media is the cartridge? Its a tetra filter

And I used heat for around 2 weeks with aquarium salt. Its gotten worse on my guppy so I went to medication

What temperature did you have the tank at (not by the heater setting but by a thermometer)? There is a fine line (a couple of degrees) between speeding it up and stopping it.

The carbon is little black pellets. If its inside your cartridge cut it out but leave the rest in there.

dotswithchemicals said:
My filter has the cartridge and a black type thing.. the media is the cartridge? Its a tetra filter

And I used heat for around 2 weeks with aquarium salt. Its gotten worse on my guppy so I went to medication
P

The media is the white cotton stuff that the blk things fits into. NEVER throw that away!!!!

When using heat to treat ich it gets worse then better. You have to keep the temp steady at 86-88F 3-5 days after you see the ich go away. Aerate well during the heat treatment higher temperatures drive the oxygen levels down.

Don't use Meds and high temperatures as certain meds + heat can suffocate you fish.

Back
Top Bottom