Ideas for a 90-120g tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nothing

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I'm looking for a good deal on Kijiji for a tank in this range, and can't decide what I want to do with it. The only thing I know fer sure is I am saving my girlfriends 9"ish common pleco from his 20g. Some ideas that appeal to me would be to get some snakeheads (though from what I've read they're hit and miss with plecos), a build involving a bichir (though again, hit and miss), or a nice biotope of sorts. Anyone have any ideas what might work nicely with the pleco? Thanks for any input!

Pleco's are unpredictable and notoriusly aggressive when they get large. I would suggest larger type fish like maybe rainbows are rosy barbs for the mid level and maybe giant danio's for the top levels for a full level activity tank. I know you want to keep the pleco but your stocking options would be wide open without it in the tank.

Now another question is to be raised here. He's been in the 20g his whole 5 year life so will he still grow larger once he's placed in a bigger tank or will his growth be stunted? He was in that little tank with three goldfish I have no clue how it worked but they're all fine and he was very docile his whole life but I guess temperaments can change eh?

I would make it an angelfish tank with a couple of "large-ish" schooling fish.

I'd do a big community tank. Denison barbs, Congo tetras, Boesemani rainbows, dwarf cichlids, cories, etc.

I'd do a south American biotope with convicts, fire mouths, and a jack dempsey/ green terror.

Back
Top Bottom