Ideas. Please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LayzorBeams

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I'm going to downsize my lizards, and set up new tanks, switch out fish, blah blah blah.

In short i will have a 29, with a heater and filter (provided i can get the filter to stop rattling, and if i cant it will be a sponge filter)

A 20 long, which i will buy a heater for if i need one (probably) and a small filter

A 10 gallon with a sponge filter and heater.

The reason i opened up the thing with heaters is i would be interested in coldwater fish, not Goldies as i don't have a tank upgrade available.

Not going to be doing plants, and if possible i would like an aggressive mix. Not a huge fan of peaceful things (that says something about my character lol) as long as they don't kill each other, obviously.

I hope yall could budget for me lol. Im willing to spend about $150-200 on stuff across all three tanks to start with.

The tanks will have a black background and tan sand. Driftwood, rocks, and shells are available.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

You can do a natives tank with no heater and there are plenty of aggressive fish to go around. Look up sculpins, dollar sunfish, ect.... You can look at Jonahs aquarium or Zimmermans to get an idea of what is out there. A nice size sculpin, some darters, a nice crayfish and some unsuspecting minnows and Least Killies and it's free food for everyone.

You can do a natives tank with no heater and there are plenty of aggressive fish to go around. Look up sculpins, dollar sunfish, ect.... You can look at Jonahs aquarium or Zimmermans to get an idea of what is out there. A nice size sculpin, some darters, a nice crayfish and some unsuspecting minnows and Least Killies and it's free food for everyone.

I will look into these :)

This would be in the 29, i assume.

Ive found that i like Darters a lot, and they are quite small. I will see about a pair of them, maybe in the 10? I would need a place to order them from.

So i think i will say that the 10 will have them in it, as a plan for now.

Ideas for the 20 and 29? Ive been thinking about some type of Africans, but i think its a bit small except for Shellies. Is there a decent wet pet African cichlid lol?

How tall is the 29? You could go with angels. I have kept them for like 5 years and they have yet to disappoint.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

How tall is the 29? You could go with angels. I have kept them for like 5 years and they have yet to disappoint.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ive done Angels before. Looking for something new, if i can.

And the 29 is ok for a pair of Angels. Its a tall tank with a pretty small footprint.

Back
Top Bottom