Information on Red tailed shark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Loukas42

Aquarium Advice Freak
What size of a tank can a RTS be kept in?

And what kind of fish can they go with?

And helps much appreciated. Thank you.

It kinda depends on the shark. Mine is in a 55 gallon with common tropical fish of like guppies, tetras, mollies, and doesn't bother a single one. But I hear rainbow sharks have better temperament if you're interested. :)

They work with guppies? Im in the process of setting up a guppy breeding setup and would love to add a RTS to the show tank if you're saying they can go together.

RTS would not provide the best setup for a guppy breeding tank. RTS and Rainbow shark are known to be aggressive. You might not get an aggressive one, but why bother risking it? These fish are territorial..

Well I'm going I have a show tank and separate breeding and fry tanks.

I have one in a community tank, he's made his own little spot in some drift wood, and plays with our algae eaters . Other then that a peaceful fish

Would you guys mind posting some pics of your RTS ? That would be awesome.

Loukas42 said:
Would you guys mind posting some pics of your RTS ? That would be awesome.

Can't get a picture but a video is uploading as we speak, you get a chance to see him a few times. I have a rainbow shark sorry didnt know if this was specifically specified or not

Nah don't worry about being specific I just want help and info and anything really related. Thanks for the video !

Back
Top Bottom