internal nematodes, where to get Panacur?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquakev

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am convinced that my long time problem with intestinal worms i my fish are, Camillanus, a internal nematode living in the lower intestine of fish. Possibly brought in and passed on by snails/worms. I observed the tiny thread like worms trailing out of the anus of my fish. I dissected one fish that died a month back and found the infestation to be entirely in the lower intestine. I have researched that fenbendazole the active ingredient in Pancur is the best method to treat this.

My question is, do I need a prescription for this? My vet said I could get it at horse supply. Does anyone have any ideas on how to obtain this?

Jungle makes a medicated food for intestinal worms. It think that it has worked for me (no recent camallanus deaths). Another lauded treatment is Levamisole Hydrochloride. It is hard to find though. Try large animal vets as it is used as a cattle and pig wormer. Not sure of the dosage. Google camallanus and levamisole and you should find some info. If memory serves CinciKillies had a good article.

Back
Top Bottom