Interpret 98litre is cloudy and has condensation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scott28

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all,

I've just purchased a new tank as I couldn't decide between planted and normal set up.. So I decided to do both and get another tank.

After putting the water in and tank start conditioner the water has gone cloudy after about 24hours, and there is also condensation at the top of the tank just above the water line. Any ideas?

I've had cloudy water in a previous tank which appeared to be the new
Aquarium cycling. I guess the same thing is happening here, but it's been like it for 18hours.

For what it's worth, I've checked the water levels, PH levels look alright (had a test stick and the colour was indicating around 6.8) The rest of the levels seem alright, nothing strikes me as being out.

Cheers,

Scott

Last edited:
Have you added any critters to the tank or any source of ammonia?

If so, what is the ammonia testing at?

From your description it sounds like a bacterial bloom which will clear in time. It seems awfully quick though to have a bloom that soon after filling the tank.

When you say condensation at the top of the tank, what do you mean exactly? That also sounds odd.

I've not added anything over than a artificial plant and artificial rock.

Haven't added ammonia yet, should I?

Have attached two pics to show the condensation.

Attachments

• image-2260356513.jpg
    image-2260356513.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 46
  • image-2033457762.jpg
    image-2033457762.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 67
How do you plan to cycle the tank? Fish in or fishless ?

The condensation is a bit strange. I wouldn't worry much about either problem though at the moment. It will clear up with a little time.

fort384 said:
How do you plan to cycle the tank? Fish in or fishless ?

The condensation is a bit strange. I wouldn't worry much about either problem though at the moment. It will clear up with a little time.

I'm going to let it continue as is for another couple of days, then I plan on changing 10% -15% water and when all the levels are right adding some red cherry shrimp.

If you have any advice it would be appreciated :)

Back
Top Bottom