is aqadvisor accurate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish friend

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Curious cause I used it to find a great stocking idea and Im curious if aqadvisor is accurate.

To an extent. They tend to be on the conservative side for stocking but if you have any questions for your stock list AA is a great place to ask which you may find someone with experience to a very similar or exact list.

For a new aquarist, Aquavisor is OK for getting a general idea, but I would never use it as if it's law because it does have some flaws. As long as you use it as a guideline rather than a rule book, it can help get you an idea about stocking though. I agree that running potential stock lists past AA people is a good idea too. It can help you get some opinions from people who can explain to you why something may or may not work. :)

I suggest you stick with more members of fewer species. You may have issues getting the tiny cories and green neons to eat with some of those other fish around. That is one reason I am not a fan of that site, it won't tell things like that. So, your bioload would be ok, but those fish wouldn't actually live together well because some would likely get out-competed for food IMO.
If you want green neons and dwarf cories, I suggest keeping the other tankmates on the petite side. They MAY be ok with a dg or 2 because dg don't move super fast. But, those bigger cories, odessa barbs, and a black neon all would be stiff competition for tiny, shy fish trying to eat.

Glad to hear it's more of conservative guideline than completely 100% accurate. It tells me that a school of 9 Scissortail rasboras is 93% stocked in a 55gal. I hope it's not accurate in my case.

NekoOo said:
Glad to hear it's more of conservative guideline than completely 100% accurate. It tells me that a school of 9 Scissortail rasboras is 93% stocked in a 55gal. I hope it's not accurate in my case.

Did you add a filter?

Yes! Still said 93% stocked and I have 80gal of filtration on my 55.

I have the same issues with it on occasion.

I use it as a guideline but not a bible of authority.

Back
Top Bottom