Is Biozyme good to help cycle?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jm667

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have had my tank set up for 2 weeks now trying a fishless cycle. I added amonia at the start to get it up to 5ppm, and still after 2 weeks, no nitrites and the ammonia is the same. I was at the store today and picked up some biozyme that i saw there, but just thought I'd check on the forum here to see if it is good a thing or not to use that. Will that speed up the cycling, or am I better off just letting it do it on its own?

no. i dont trust it. a handful of gravel or some media from a filter will be best.

I'm not familiar with that product. Since you are doing a fishless cycle anyway, IMO it can't hurt to try it. If you do, let us know how it works. :)

Yeah I guess it can't hurt. I am not putting fish in it until it cycles anyways so it shouldn't hurt. I am going to be away most of the week so maybe if it doesn't start showing nitrtites by Friday I will try it out. I would grab some gravel out of my 10 gallon tank, but there are lots of snails in there that I have been battling, so with my luck there will be some snail eggs or tiny ones I can't see in the gravel I pull out and then the new tank will be infested!

Oh well, I guess I don't need to use it. I just tested tonight and am finally getting nitrites! So I'll just let it go on its own. So just to make sure I understand this right, the ammonia will start to go down, and I just need to add ammonia when it does to keep it at around 4-5 ppm?

i guess its to late but i used cycle on my tank i added no actual ammonia just flake food and a shrimp pellet about every 4 days and its fully cycled now. only took me 2 and a half weeks

Back
Top Bottom