Is my spotted raphael cat ok?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.h2012

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just went in my living room (where my tank is) to get something, and the lights in my tank are the first lights I can turn on that arent to bright if I have to go in after my son is already in bed (his room is right off our living room). Well I did a quick check. Under a piece of wood I have in my tank I thought at first glance it was my full grown Cory that had died as it was upside down against the bottom of the wood. So I go to get my net, and lift up the wood a little.. And it swims off and I realize its my catfish. I get a better look at it and its color was very faded, it was grey, not black. Was its color faded because lights were off or is there anything wrong with it? Also it's belly was huge, like really big, to the point of looking pregnant. Besides cories this is my first catfish and I have no idea what's going on. I've had this cat for going on about 4 months I think. Like most cats, it hides a lot, and I barely see it. I see its head or tail under rocks a lot, but that's about it if I'm lucky. This is the first time I've seen it in about a week. Tank is fully cycled and params are good. All other fish are well and active.

I wouldn't be too worried. Otherwise look in the day and find him in your tank and see how he looks then. I hardly ever see mine either..

I wouldn't be too worried. Otherwise look in the day and find him in your tank and see how he looks then. I hardly ever see mine either..

Mine actually came out once during the day but that's been once on in 4 months.

Mine actually came out once during the day but that's been once on in 4 months.

I meant like, lift up decor and stuff and find him and look at him so you can look at him and see if anything is wrong.

I found him, and he's back to normal color. Still a pretty big belly buy back to normal color. Thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom