Is my tank overstocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dylan51

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My tank is 200L (53 gallons) and it contains:
6 neon tetras
8 glass bloodfin tetras
5 small angelfish
4 sterbais cory cats
1 bristlenose pleco
the tank is planted with a piece of driftwood.

and i want to add a large school of rummy nose tetra of around 30 or 20 but would this overstock my tank?

Welcome to the forum! You probably are going to want remove several of those angelfish, as there will be issues later on concerning territory, dominance, etc. I think re-homing 3-4 of them will be fine. Also, the angels may (or may not) eat the neons once full size. Those two together are very hit and miss, sometimes they'll get along and sometimes not. Best of luck.

If you want all those runny noses remove 4 of the 5 angels and remove at least 1 of the schools you currently have. Or remove 4 angels and just add like 10 rummys instead of 20

Ah, didn't see the part about potential rummies. I think unless you remove another school, you have room for 10-12. I think some of the angels will have to be removed regardless.

Remove all but one angel and you could add 12 rummys, maybe 15. If you removed the BN pleco you could add an extra 10 rummys IMO, so around 22 total.

you could try pluggin it into aqadvisor.com and seeing what it says. +1 on removing all but 1 or 2 of the angels. They will get big and territorial.

Back
Top Bottom