IS my tank water good? i'm new

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sacy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i just bought some test kit to test my tank water i need to know is my tank water good?? As my tank is very overstocked!!
can anyony tell mi? sorry for e double post

Ammonia=0 ppm
Nitrit=50 ppm
GH=>7d <14d
KH=3d
pH=7,2

thankz

Nitrit=50 ppm
8O 8O 8O
In an well cycled tank ammonia and nitrIte should be undectable. NitrAtes are usually tolerated up to 40 ppm.
I am surprised you are not seeing problems with nitrIte poisoning, which is as serious as ammonia poisoning. You need to be doing PWC everyday to get that value down.

How big is your tank & what's in there? How long has it been set-up? What did you do to cycle it?

Your tank is seriously overstocked. I am also very surprised that your fish stay alive. Even a discus? It would already be bad if you had a discus alone in a 10 gallon, let alone when youu have THAt much fish in there with him.

I would seriously consider getting a bigger tank or return some fish to your lfs. They will never live a healthy or happy life in that tank.

Sorry to be the one to bring this to you......
But on the bright side, you can go and get a bigger tank!!! :D :D :D

I didn't realize you were talking ablut the tank in your sig. You have enough fish in there for a 30-40g tank! Discus are very sensitive to water conditions & need pristine water at all times.

i'm thinking of moving them to my other 45gal tank.But e tank i have use it to kept my pet hamster =x
i need to find another place for my hamster first

Can you purchase some Bio-Spira from your fish store? Then you can just clean out the hamster tank with a 5% bleach solution, rinse well, fill up with water, add dechlor, empty again, fill up with warm water & get it to 80 degrees. Then add the Bio-Spira & your fish (of course gravel, etc also). The hamster can live in the smaller tank, or take it back to the store.

o_O

i will do it after my eaxm.
Btw my 45gal tank has an overflow sys built in. can i use e overflow sys to filter e tank. i planing to make it a plant tank

Back
Top Bottom