Is there a hose for water changes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

analioness

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Do people use hoses when refilling their tanks after a water change?

Carrying buckets is heavy labour!

Convict2161 said:
+1 this is made my water changes a blast to do!! Your gonna love it! Say bye bye to buckets!

+1.. lil advice though get the 50 footer.. after moving my 25ft doesn't reach anymore by 5ft so back to buckets for a little while :(

Is it a special type? I've got the standard one which I have to suck in air to get the water moving. This works when taking it out because the water is traveling down. It won't go the other way no matter how much pressure I use.

analioness said:
Is it a special type? I've got the standard one which I have to suck in air to get the water moving. This works when taking it out because the water is traveling down. It won't go the other way no matter how much pressure I use.

http://www.aqueonproducts.com/products/water-changer.htm

Hooks up to your sink, turn your sink on and it uses suction to siphon the water out of the tank, flip the valve an water is re entered into your tank. Simple as 1 2 3!!!

Mrc8858 said:
+1.. lil advice though get the 50 footer.. after moving my 25ft doesn't reach anymore by 5ft so back to buckets for a little while :(

Agreed go with the 50 footer, I went with the 25 foot one and shortly returned it for the longer one. Works like a charm.

I got the 25ft a while back, and my sink faucet is too big for the hose to fit. so instead I sticked with carrying buckets.... :/
next time im going to make sure everything fits well.
my advice is make sure your faucet fits the hose too, IME.

There's tons of adapters. I had an issue with my faucet and I had my Plummer come over and we figured it out. Got the right adapter and all is good.

If you have fancy faucets like my wife likes then your gonna run into issues. Those water changers seem to fit more of the traditional faucets. It can be done though.

Back
Top Bottom