is there a plant Silver Dollars don't eat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I had my silver dollars they ate everything but my Java ferns. They would not touch them.

Try putting in a fresh whole Romain Lettuce leaf occasionally.....It will take the pressure off of any plants you may have.

haven't any plants yet... nor any silver dollars!!! Just fancied them and know the fish shop stock them - then to discovery they're rather partial to a plant or two!!! Don't fancy going back to plastic - so just wondered!!

Might have to rethink my stocking... which would be a shame :(

Agree with Dano01 If you keep 'em fed with good stuff as pointed out above, you should see less wear & tear. They may still get some attention, but you should hopefully find a balance...

Thanks - I just don't want to buy them only to find I'm replacing plants constantly... knew they were herbivores, will research some more before I decide - as said before, haven't got tank set up or cycling yet let alone, planting or stocking with fish!

Today maybe the day I start though - the tank is cleaned and ready to come indoors - its 200l and only logical way to fill is with the hose, but as we're having snow I'm not sure the rest of the family would like me to have the window open while I fill it up!!

Gotta move my biorb somewhere else too.

Back
Top Bottom