Is there a reason not many people have kuhli loaches?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Krayzie

Aquarium Advice Regular
I really like the look of khuli loaches, but rarely come across a aquarium with some. Any other fish preferences?

Lots of people do in fact own kuhlis, myself included. They are not as commonly available as some other loach species because they tend to be reclusive when they are not comfortable (like in some pet store display tanks), are mostly nocturnal, and are very quick and difficult to catch. Also, they rarely breed in home aquaria so most specimens are wild caught. Still, many people in the hobby enjoy. ;)

I'm going to be getting some, idk maybe because their nocturnal/shy. And can get illness easier

Lots of people do in fact own kuhlis, myself included. They are not as commonly available as some other loach species because they tend to be reclusive when they are not comfortable (like in some pet store display tanks), are mostly nocturnal, and are very quick and difficult to catch. Also, they rarely breed in home aquaria so most specimens are wild caught. Still, many people in the hobby enjoy. ;)
Yeah I was wondering where I will get them from. Im a little confused on buying fish online. I dont have a LPS, can i get fish delivered to my front door? If so is it expensive and whats a good website?

BTW thanks for the quick reply this late :)

I order many of my fish online, and yes they will be delivered to your door. Try googling around for shops that sell kuhli loaches and then look for reviews on those places. Shipping is a variable cost depending on the distance to be shipped.
One place to try is aquabid.com

I order many of my fish online, and yes they will be delivered to your door. Try googling around for shops that sell kuhli loaches and then look for reviews on those places. Shipping is a variable cost depending on the distance to be shipped.
One place to try is aquabid.com
Thank you, i wasnt sure if you had to get them shipped to your lfs, ive heard that before.

I have four of the striped variety and mine are out and actively exploring the tank always. They're amazing to watch and are adorable IMO!

I like watching mine. They'll curl up in a huge ball (I have 12) but as soon as I come towards the tank, they all "stand up" for food.

That's the same question I ask myself all the time. I think kuhli loaches are really cool. I made the mistake of adding 5 loaches into my 55 gallon tank. I managed to catch 2 of them. Not bad.

They are available at Petco and Petsmart depending where you live. Mostly the Black but I have also seen the striped! Sometimes Black are available for the $1.00 sale at Petsmart. If they are out of stock just get a raincheck, even if they tell you they'll get them in.

Back
Top Bottom