Is this alright for a 29 gallon tank ? Anything else I need ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lucy2011

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have some questions on a set-up. I purchased a 29 Gallon Aqueon glass tank. To have a freshwater aquarium I would need the following, right ?.......

Stand
Heater
Filter
Air Pump
Thermometer
Hood with Light
Timer
Gravel
Decor
Background Decal
Water Testing Kit
Water Treatment
Food
Fish

Anything else I would or might need ?

Stand
PETCO Tao 29 Gallon Wood Tank Stand at PETCO

OR

PETCO Manhattan Metal Tank Stands - Aquarium Stands and Fish Tank Stands from PETCO.com

Heater
Aqueon Submersible Aquarium Heaters at PETCO

Filter
Amazon.com: AquaClear 70 Power Filter - 110 V, UL Listed (Includes AquaClear 70 Carbon, AquaClear 70 Foam & AquaClear 70 BioMax: Kitchen & Dining

Air Pump
Tetra Whisper Air Pumps at PETCO

Amazon.com: Deluxe Bubble Disk® 4" Aerating Aquarium Ornament: Kitchen & Dining

Thermometer ATI Aquarium Thermometer at PETCO

Hood with Light
Amazon.com: Perfecto Recessed Aquarium Hood 30in Black: Home & Garden

Timer
Zoo Med AquaSun Aquarium Timer at PETCO

For fish I was thinking of getting........

GloFish
Painted Swordtail
Hammers Cobalt Blue Crayfish
Endler's Livebearer
Ghost Shrimp
Mini Crab

Nerita Snails

Would these go good together ?

Any links on how to create a underwater crab habitat ? I cannot find info on how they remove the water from the habitats when in the aquarium. What is keeping the water from getting into the habitat ?

Thanks

You would need some way of doing a pwc:

A gravel vac, buckets & optionally hose to connect water faucet to tank or a python device.

And lots of old towels ..... I always make a mess ....

Finally, read up on cycling & cycle the tank before you start. <See answer in your other thread.>

And welcome to AA!

You'll need some airline tubing and an air stone to go with the air pump. For the water dechlorinator, try to get Prime, it's the best.

You'll also want to remove fish from that list for a bit until you cycle the tank. The link is in my signature ('new empty tank...'). Good luck!

You would need some way of doing a pwc:

A gravel vac, buckets & optionally hose to connect water faucet to tank or a python device.

And lots of old towels ..... I always make a mess ....

Finally, read up on cycling & cycle the tank before you start. <See answer in your other thread.>

And welcome to AA!

The PWC would be just after the cycle completes, correct ? The only other time for PWC's after the cycle would be if something is wrong with the fish's health or water/chemical problems, right.

Gravel vac, bucket and hose great ideas. Thanks

You'll need some airline tubing and an air stone to go with the air pump. For the water dechlorinator, try to get Prime, it's the best.

You'll also want to remove fish from that list for a bit until you cycle the tank. The link is in my signature ('new empty tank...'). Good luck!

Thank you for the info. Glad to see most of these items are not too expensive either.

You do not need the air pump unless you like bubbles. PWC changes should be a weekly job after your cycle is done. Nothing maintains fish like regular fresh water.

You do not need the air pump unless you like bubbles. PWC changes should be a weekly job after your cycle is done. Nothing maintains fish like regular fresh water.

I read that the bubbles will help aerate the water for the fish. And yes I think the bubbles will look nice :)

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom