Is this OK?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vanilla Magilla

Aquarium Advice Regular
Will be getting a 18 Gal. tall tank. I want 2 Angelfish, 2 Clown loachs, and 3-4 cardinal tetra's. Is this too much for the tank? I have read on here that the Angels may eat the tetra's and in some cases will not. Also some have CL in a 10 gallon tank. SO needless to say i am really confused. Is this way over the 1"/Gallon rule? Man I hate being addicted.

Depends on the size of the angels. You can get small, medium and large angels. I would recommend the smalls in an 18 gallon, and the nice part is that you would not have to worry so much about the tetras with the smalls. I've never had a problem with the angels I've had eating anything, but keeping them alive, that's a different story. Angels are very sensative, and our water is way too hard to manage.

Most of the research states that they (angels) can do well in various ph ranges. I guess this is not true. Where I live the people say, "It's in the water." when they describe the insane actions of others. Should I think about botteld water to maintain this tank for the sake of the angels?

Back
Top Bottom