Is this tank alright?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bettachick126

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Is this tank alright for 3 Glo tetras? Is there enough plants and such? It is a 5 gallon tank, with a slim 10 Filter by marina.And don't give me lectures about buying a bigger tank. There was a 60$ difference between a 5 gallon and a 10 gallon, and I cannot afford them.
Thanks

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 67
Is this tank alright for 3 Glo tetras? Is there enough plants and such? It is a 5 gallon tank, with a slim 10 Filter by marina.And don't give me lectures about buying a bigger tank. There was a 60$ difference between a 5 gallon and a 10 gallon, and I cannot afford them.
Thanks

Well, since you're not getting a bigger tank because of price (which is understandable) that is fine, but then you need to get different fish. GloFish need to be in schools of at least 5-6, and that would be way crowded in a 5 gallon. GloFish need a MINIMUM of 10 gallons, preferably more.

what would be an acceptable fish? for the 5 gallon with no heater? (constant temp no less than 75F)

Get all male guppies and be sure to cycle the tank
GloFish are zebra danios and need a 20 gal long tank at the minimum
They are just a different color- why a different tank size?

Back
Top Bottom