Is this the ammonia you use to cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm pretty sure! You're lucky, I got the 64oz bottle b/c it was my only option! What am I gonna do w/ all that ammonia?? I've only used like 6 drops of it so far! Ha ha...

Yup that's the stuff i used.... Like Tango, I have a basically full bottle of ammonia now sitting in my house LOL.

Christopherlh84 said:
How much should I use in a ten gal to get too 4 ppm?

I don't think there is an exact measurement, it's kind of trial and error. To give you an idea, for my 46 gallon I used an unused NyQuil measurement cup and filled it to the first line, which I believe was 5ml.

Im sure there's somebody on here who has cycled a 10 gallon before who can tell you exactly how much. But, for mine, I tried a few drops and moved up from there til I reached 4ppm and it happened to be 5ml or so.

Calculator

that is the right stuff and for a 10 gallon tank it is roughly 1.5ml to reach 4ppm, im cycling a 10 right now...

I'm cycling a 15 gal plus my tap water has Chloramines so I already had .5ppm ammonia readings before I added ammonia. I overdosed the first time b/c I didn't know I already had ammonia. Mine only takes a .5 mL w/ a medicine dropper but definitely start w/ less & add more after testing b/c a PWC (partial water change) is more work than just adding a lil ammonia at a time & testing ;o)

aoessand said:
Calculator

that is the right stuff and for a 10 gallon tank it is roughly 1.5ml to reach 4ppm, im cycling a 10 right now...

I put 1.25 in it and was almost dead on! Thanks for advise.

Back
Top Bottom