Jill's 55g build on a budget

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You could try purigen in your filter. It really works good as a water polisher and will take out tannins.

Thanks! :) I will def give that a try if the water change doesn't help. The wood had been stored in an attic for god knows how long so I think it's just especially nasty. I should have soaked it first. Lesson learned. I'm so impatient when it comes to these things....and it always means more work for me in the long run when I jump the gun. :ermm:

Driftwood for my birthday. :D

(I really need to charge my camera's batteries so I can get some decent pics).

img_1893041_0_28fd0909ad0dda91274457b946d9608c.jpg

Also vinegar with baking soda paste, rub gently.

Also Jill, where did you get the blasting sand? I am currently using two different kinds of sand in two different tanks but have a new tank to fill, 37 gal. Someone on another thread recommended I check this out regarding the black blasting sand, and my friend just bought my 30 long and wants sand, so I am wondering if this would be a better value for both of us....?

Had you used any previous types of sand, first I started with the Super Naturals, fine sand, a little too fine, but its natural white and looks sooo awesome. More recently I got the black Petco sand and it seems nice, kinda light and fluffy like, and the Cory scoots around in it like he's happy with it. He came from soil planted tank where he rooted around in the soil and hid. lol

Back
Top Bottom