Just got setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kkkkyle7

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
just got done filling my 40 gallon bow front, putting the decorations in, and hooking up all the equipment. I went to my friends house to get a cup of gravel. It is very cold out and the car ride was about 10 minutes and the water the gravel was with got slightly cool on the way back to my house. Do you think it is okay, like the bacteria did not die off? I put it in my tank already. On Monday I am going to buy some neon tetras to help cycle.

I would recommend a fishless cycle. The seed material u got will help move it along. Neons in particular are a poor choice for an uncycled tank. They are vulnerable to changes in water quality and ammonia. You will certainly lose some or all of them while the tank is cycling.

If u do decide to fishless cycle, check out the articles section on the forum. It will help u get a good idea of the process and the reasons behind it.

As far as getting cold, that would actually help the bacteria survive longer so it was a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom