Just moved-seeding tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I just moved a couple of days ago, i put ne gravel in my tank, natural looking, and im using the old gravel in a stocking in the tank to seed it. Also, i didn't clean any of the filter material, to preserve the beneficial bacteria. There haven't been any trace of ammonia or nitrites at all since the move and i was wondering how long should i leave the old gravel in? a day, a week? Im afraid to take it out too soon, i don't want to have a minicycle.

What kind of filter do you have? If the filter medium was kept wet for 5 hours or less, and if the pH of the old and new water are relatively close (and you used a dechlor when you refilled), then you probably didn't need the bag of old gravel. :wink:

have a hob filter that filters 300 gph, it has a sponge and a bacteria preserving insert. It took less than 2 hours to move. Thanks :)

You'll be fine. I've set up a few tanks this way and it's always worked out great for me. :D

Back
Top Bottom