Just spotted fry in my tank!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.h2012

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was checking out my fry hideout... And I saw a fry!!!! At first I thought it was floating poop but when it started going up and down the side or the glass then I realized it was a fry! It was mostly clear and had black on it... What looked like 3 black stripes maybe? I got all excited and haven't been able to find it again. I'm wondering if maybe my red wag is pregnant but because she is looking really really fat lately... My mind is racing lol!

Nice!! And yea Red wags and Mollies will pop out live babies. Ill never forget my first time lol. I gravel vac'd the gravel, took the bucket to the toilet and tilted it and all of a sudden I saw babies. I ran back to the tank and moved some rocks and there they were lol. I scooped them in a net and put them in a cup with tank water and a fake plant until I went to petmart and got a net breeder to put them in. Its cheap like $6. Just a plastic frame with a net screen around it to keep the babies in the tank but safe from getting ate. Also pick up some fry food as they are too little to eat big flakes. If there is one, there is bound to be another. They will spit them out kinda rapidly and they will go and hide fast. Congratz on your babies lol.

The first time I had fish I had a guppy that Had fry and I actually saw her give birth and some of the fry survive. It's actually my Micky mouse that's noticeably pregnant with a very noticeable gravid spot... My red wag is just really fat and her belly is starting to look somewhat square... So I have no idea who is having the fry lol.

Back
Top Bottom