Juwel Rio 125l/30 Gallon Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AKLB

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone,

I'm potentially getting a 125l/30 gallon aquarium which is 81cm long, 36cm deep and 50cm high. I have several stocking ideas so far;

Option 1 (Tanganyika)- 10x Neolamprologus Multifasciatus and 1x Julidochromis
Option 2 (South America)- 4x Dwarf Cockatoo Cichlids (1x Male and 3x Female), 8x Marbled Hatchetfish, 8x Rummynose Tetra, 8x Julii Corydoras and ?x Cherry Shrimp
Option 3 (Asia)- 1x Pearl Gourami, 8x Harlequin Rasbora, 8x Glass Catfish, 8x Kuhli Loach and ?x Cherry Shrimp

Aqadvisor said the stocking levels are fine, what do you think?

Another option I have is a species tank with either; Celestial Pearl Danios/Galaxy Rasboras, Ember Tetras or Tiger Barbs. How many would I be able to have in an aquarium in this size? I put it into aqadvisor and it said 20x CPD or Ember Tetras was only a quarter stocked, surely that isn't right?

Sorry for all the questions, but thanks in advance,
Adam

My personal preference would be option #2, South American. Although it might be packed pretty tight in a 30 gal. As for a species only tank, I'd go with a flashy tetra like the Columbian, or an ultra colorful barb such as the Odessa. Maybe a school of 5 or 6, with some Cory cats and a Bristlenose Pleco.

Back
Top Bottom