Keeping fish in high pH?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

frazj527

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm new to fish and I currently dont have any however I bought 4 tanks.. a lot I know. I have 1 40 gallon and 2 10 gallons and a random 5 gallon. In the 2 ten gallons i'd like to keep a single betta. However i'm not sure what to do in my 40 gallon. However I do have rather high pH. Like I said I have no fish so in one of my tanks i'm trying using "Proper pH" I know using chemicals isn't recommended but im just trying it to see how stable it actually is. No fish are being harmed in my (admittedly probably dumb experiment) Now. That being said when I test my water there's a pH of about 8.8.. I know thats pretty high. I'd like to get some driftwood or Indian Almond Leaves to see if that would lower it. I'd like to know what fish (If any) would go good in tanks like these. High pH.

My pH runs at 8.0, so not as high, but certainly in the higher range. Most community fish will adjust to pH, though 8.8 is a bit high.
How are you testing for pH? When ever I get really off test results I always retest before acting. Make sure your results are accurate before doing anything.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom