Koi $0.35

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lucky! I just hope it doesn't have any sort of disease.. walmart is notorious.
Will you be keeping it in a pond or a tank?

Unless you've got a pond, that $0.35 may come back to haunt you. Koi get big very fast and aren't suitable for aquariums.

BigJim said:
Unless you've got a pond, that $0.35 may come back to haunt you. Koi get big very fast and aren't suitable for aquariums.

Bigjim is right, but keep in mind that depending on what it looks like, it could fetch a good price. My LFS that's big on ponds and koi sell most for an average of $800 a piece. Not sure if it's the norm, but didn't want to know what the high end ones sold for :).

Sent from my Epic 4G using Aquarium Advice App

The Pond/Aquarium shop i go to breeds Koi and they have 18 inchers that sell for like 1200

+1 to Bigjim.

Show quality koi can bring thousands. Show quality koi do not appear at Walmart.

Surely you knew at the time she was netting and bagging the wrong fish. Why didn't you tell her?

Cuz they are worth more duh it's not my fault she messed up
In other words, you watched her pick the wrong fish, knowing it is MUCH more expensive (and not what you had asked for), and you said nothing. That is called theft, even if it was due to the sales lady's error.

+1. Definitely theft. Even if you got something out of it doesn't make it right.

How is that theft she got them out wrote the number down for goldfish and I paid for them I don't see theft in that any where

It's because you underpaid for what you actually got. You should have told her that it wasn't the right one. It's just dishonest.

Courtesy of Dakota's iPod.

I don't see it as theft... I guess it all just depends on your morals. If they make a mistake, its their fault. Like if they give you back too much change. Personally, I couldn't leave without correcting it, or at least making them aware. Usually, for something like that, they'll just give it to you anyways... but its nice knowing I did the right thing by speaking up.

That said, in agreement with the others, koi get far too large for aquariums. Seems that they also seem to carry a lot of diseases, though I've only read that... no experience with them.

When I get too much change or they make a mistake in my favor, I try to catch it every time. Not only do they appreciate it, but sometimes they decide to give it to you anyway. And if they don't--you've done something right anyway.

Is it really necessary to get into ethics here? She messed up, he took the fish, who cares? He's not you and you're not him. Not only that, but it's Walmart. They are a billion dollar corporation. I think they can handle the loss of a few bucks.

Just sell the stupid thing since you probably can't house it anyway. Feels like I'm watching a Judge Alex episode or whatever that show is called.

I wouldn't say it's theft, but it's certainly dishonest. But anyway I'm with mfdrookie, you should really just return it anyway because koi are definitely pond fish, not aquarium.

Back
Top Bottom