Kuhli loaches! What's your experience?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gabysapha

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I ordered 6 kuhlis for my 20g and I've never kept them before! What's your experience with them? Do they eat snails?

Hi they can be secretive,but six is a nice number so hopefully you will see them sometimes! As far as i know they do not eat snails?

I have a Black Kuhli in my tank and he's always hiding. They are nocturnal and usually just come out at night to dig around for leftovers. I suppose he's more like a janitor...LOL At least he's keeping my substrate clean!

You'll probably have better luck seeing them more often since you'll have 6. You'll bound to see at least a couple to a few at a time if you have a lot of hiding spots.

I have six in a 20 gal as well and I do see them quite a bit. Often when I turn on the lights in the morning they go crazy, zipping every which way, which is always fun :) They definitely feed the most at night, so drop pellets in for them when you turn off the light. It's important to have a smooth substrate so they can burrow like sand or small smooth stones. There are a few empty ramshorn snail shells in their tank from time to time, but I can't say for sure who is responsible. If they do eat snails, it isn't many.

they are the cutest !!
very active - they do loops and figure-8's around the tank.

I recommend keeping minimum 6 (The more you keep, the more they will venture out!).
And not having too many bottom dwellers, so they don't have to compete for food.

Back
Top Bottom