larger tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok so im not sure of fish of fish stock, I know it's gonna be a heavily planted tank and ill stsrt in that before I stsrt on fish due to it needing to cycle. Thinking sand substrate. Juey not sure of stock. I know 1 male betta ie going in ther3 because I have to break down his tqnl to set up the 55g. So ill have to consider stock around him unless something changes. I kinda wanted to do cichlids but not with th3 betta.

It's not hard to build a community around a betta as long as he has a mellow temperament. You just don't want to use nippy fish like tiger barbs and a lot of tetra's. Also you have to be careful with trying to add any gourami's with a betta as often, not always tho, they will harass each other and even fight. I have 4 male betta's in my 220 with Angels, cardinal, rummynose, and diamond tetra's. Cherry barbs, threadfin rainbowfish, angelicus loaches, oto's, cory cats, and 3 different species of whiptail cats. Oh and I have Kerri tetra's in there also.

I don't understand when you say the biomedia. Aren't sponges biomedia as well?

I use sponges as mechanical media as they collect too much detris IMO to be used as bio-media. C.Cichlid is correct that I call the ceramic cylinders and the like bio-media.

Back
Top Bottom