Latest Readings - Still too early for fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rsp

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone

Just took my latest tank readings this morning (attached)... Using my homebrew Aquarium Management software to keep track of the readings from today onwards.

I'm thinking I need to do a 10% PWC? Also, is it still too early for fish? :)

Thanks,

Rik.

Attachments

• Readings.jpg
    Readings.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 65
rsp said:
Hi everyone

Just took my latest tank readings this morning (attached)... Using my homebrew Aquarium Management software to keep track of the readings from today onwards.

Thanks,

Rik.

Do a 20% pwc to be sure wait till tonight and take the readings.

Yes, it's still too early for fish. You're done cycling when your tank can convert 2-4ppm ammonia all the way to nitrates in a 24hr period. You can do a big PWC (75%) and redose your ammonia. Check your readings again in 24 hours and see if all the ammonia and nitrite are gone.

rsp said:
Hi everyone

Thanks,

Rik.

Yes way to early. You should have no readings of ammonia and nitrite.
Just as BigJim said

Yes, it's still too early for fish. You're done cycling when your tank can convert 2-4ppm ammonia all the way to nitrates in a 24hr period. You can do a big PWC (75%) and redose your ammonia. Check your readings again in 24 hours and see if all the ammonia and nitrite are gone.
Agreed. You should wait till nitrite and ammonia both read zero. Your almost there, hang in there

Thanks everyone. I am in no rush and the way I see it, I have a responsibility to ensure their habitat is established and maintained correctly.

I appreciate all the advice!

Back
Top Bottom