Lets hear what you think

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blizowman1

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm starting a 90g (eventually) heavily planted tank. What do you think I should stock?? I'm just gonna let you tell me what you would do from scratch. I've got ideas but lets hear what you would do.

As much as I like the way a cichlid tank looks I want it to be heavily planted and eventually co2 injected. I know I wanted it planted but I'm more interested in the stocking aspect of what everyone would do. I mean if it wasn't for the fact that I've already ordered over 400$ dollars worth of supplies to do a heavily planted tank with, I would be open to anything lol.

blizowman1 said:
As much as I like the way a cichlid tank looks I want it to be heavily planted and eventually co2 injected. I know I wanted it planted but I'm more interested in the stocking aspect of what everyone would do. I mean if it wasn't for the fact that I've already ordered over 400$ dollars worth of supplies to do a heavily planted tank with, I would be open to anything lol.

That is what I would do lol, that or angels. There are so many possibilities with a tank like that

I'm actually thinking about boesemani rainbows. Maybe 8 of them. Two angels, I really like the koi ones. And then maybe 15- 20 small tetras. And Amano shrimp if they'll survive. And then otos, corys, and idk what else would be considered a cleaning crew type thing. I know I used to have a bristle nose Pleco that was actually a contributor of a couple deaths, so probably not another one of those. But I do kind of like snails here lately. I have a whole bunch of baby assassin snails in my 29g that I'm trying to figure out how to transfer and not end up throwing away with the gravel

I've also thought about some kind of loaches for the 90g but I don't want all the assassin snails eaten but I don't want a crazy out break of other snails that'll eat my plants either

Okay judging on what you like here's what I'd do.

6 bosemani rainbows
What type of loaches have you got?
3 koi angels. (sell the other angel which doesn't pair)
15 lemon / rummy nose tetras
10 panda Cories
A handfull of platies .

I don't have any loaches right now...
What I do already have in my 29g that I may transfer over is
6 cardinals tetras
8 prestilla tetras
2 Julii corys
2 emerald corys
4 otos
1 flame dwarf grouami
And 12 Amano shrimp

I was thinking of putting
6-8 boesemani rainbows
10 corys
10 otos
Tons of shrimp when I can afford them
I like the idea of 3 koi angels like you said
Them maybe 15-20 cardinals
And my lfs carries XL Molly's I think they are?
Idk though I want a attractive group of fish and I'm gonna have a aquaclear 70 and a sunsun 303b running on it with a Hydor nano 425 power head. And it's gonna be 90% Eco complete and a little gravel and flourite mixed into that

Back
Top Bottom