Light question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pablo195

Aquarium Advice Newbie
just wondering.....does anyone actually turn there tank light off at night? I have for gold fishes in my tank right now and i usally turn the lights off at around 8:30pm local time, and i noticed when i do that my fish just go nuts as in swimming around super fast and crashing into the glass, just wondering if I should keep the light on for them or continue turning it off? Thanks for your time...

Keep your lights on no more than 8 hours a day if you have no live plants. Fish need to sleep and rest too. Leaving the lights on too much will also lead to algae.

Try turning off the light in your aquarium before the light in your room. Give the fish some time to adjust. Then turn off the room light. This should help decrease the fish reaction to the lights going off.

You can buy a timer for your light.

The timer plugs into the power jack and you can schedule when you want the light to be turned on or off.

I also use a timer for my tanks. Usually the room light is still on when the timer goes off. It's also a great reminder that it's time for me to go to bed!

Back
Top Bottom