Log for cycling 30g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deborah

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Day one:
PH 7.6
Ammonia 4.0 ppm
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0
Temp 80
air bubbles in, light off, now we wait. :whistle:

2 aqua clear power heads 20
1 aqua clear 50
Prime added for chlorine
:whistle:

Day 2
Status the same. Put in a very small amount of crushed food and a couple of plant stems from the 60g tank. Best thing, no dead fish! :)

Thanks. Please let me know if you see something I am doing that I shouldn't.

Day 3
No change. Ammonia the same. Nothing added or taken from the tank.

Day 4
No changes in ammonia, All other stats also the same. :)

Thanks. I am in no hurry :) We purchased a tree root decoration (fake) for the tank but it went back today. I swear it didn't look THAT large on the shelf!

Day 5 and 6

Day 5 no change.

Day 6
Ammonia approximately 3ppm. It isn't a 4 but not yellow enough to be a 2.
Nitrite .25 it is purple! :)
The temp and bubbles are the same.

Do I need to raise the ammonia or let it be for now and check again tomorrow? I believe I read in the guide to raise it to 4 once it hits 2. ?

Deborah said:
Day 5 no change.

Day 6

Do I need to raise the ammonia or let it be for now and check again tomorrow? I believe I read in the guide to raise it to 4 once it hits 2. ?

Yay :). Purple test tubes can be a pretty sight. You can leave the ammonia for now, just dose it up when it gets down to 1 or so.

Day 5 no change.

Day 6

Yay! Aren't purple tubes exciting?! LOL

Thanks. I will check it again tomorrow. Purple rules....for now!

Purple has been one of my favorite colors even when I was a kid! It is even prettier right now.

Day 7
Ammonia still around 3ppm
N2 .50
N3 20ppm - I tested this one since the nitrites rose and found some nitrates.
Do I need to do anything different at this point since the ammonia isn't dropping? Or since the nitrite is higher tonight everything is still on course? :blink:

Day 7
Ammonia still around 3ppm
N2 .50
N3 20ppm - I tested this one since the nitrites rose and found some nitrates.
Do I need to do anything different at this point since the ammonia isn't dropping? Or since the nitrite is higher tonight everything is still on course? :blink:

Everything looks good. Have you tested your PH just to make sure it hasn't crashed? This early in the cycle it's normal to have some consecutive days when ammonia doesn't change.

Back
Top Bottom