Looking to start over

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just bought black gloss spray paint from the local Walmart. Used the same on the back of the tank.

I have heard of using Fusion paint because it sticks to plastic better, very light abrasive. If you don't mind keep me posted on how it holds up. I have a matching cabinet and it gets more complicated with the kind of finish it has so I haven't quite decided yet.

But that looks good!

No worries. My tank is glass, about 1/4" thick. I used 180 grit sandpaper on the back just to give the paint something to hold on to. The paint on the trim as a great shine to it as well. I noticed that if I keep 2-3 baby carrots in the tank, the turtle leaves the plants alone, which is nice. Even if he does eat them it'll be okay, I got them from a swamp hahaha

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

So the paint is still looking great, but I had to get rid of the turtle ?. On the bright side I've added 2 new spotted puffers(turtle ate the one I had before) and 2 frogs. Got them in a small puddle on base lol. Here's a picture of the habitat I made for them in my aquarium. Let me know what you think. Btw, I planted cucumber, peas and green onion along with the grass of course hahahaImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409861815.051215.jpg

So the paint is still looking great, but I had to get rid of the turtle ?. On the bright side I've added 2 new spotted puffers(turtle ate the one I had before) and 2 frogs. Got them in a small puddle on base lol. Here's a picture of the habitat I made for them in my aquarium. Let me know what you think. Btw, I planted cucumber, peas and green onion along with the grass of course hahahaView attachment 249015

Sounds like a garden.

Turtles eat all manners of critters that could fit in their mouths to bite.

So new project now. Sounds fun. Very interesting.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411856928.851513.jpg

Well, I'm pretty much done with the fish. I had a great run. Thanks everyone for your help and for keeping me motivated by seeing your amazing tanks. Starting over as a Vivarium. The picture is the progress so far. I love how it looks. I'm still going to keep a couple fish, but just a few danios. I'll post more pictures when it's completed. KCCO

Back
Top Bottom