Low Budget 10g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JokerWx13

Aquarium Advice Freak
planning on starting a low budget 10g. i've decided that it's gonna be a planted low tech plant. any ideas what kind of plants would work? and what kind of light should go over it?

hi joker! your title made me laugh!
I would go with the jave moss and probably the java fern. I have a 90 gallon with a led light on top and my java moss is doing just fine so far. so I would think any light you get would work for the moss and I think the fern will work as well. I also bought some anachris and have it floating in one corner (opposite the moss). you could probably plant that as well or have it a floating plant - just remember that if it is floating it will be blocking the light to go to the bottom so you wouldn't want it blocking the light for your ferns and moss.

what else are you wanting to put in there?

i was thinking of making it a shrimp tank with tetras and guppies

as for plants, i've heard that amazon swords and crypts do quite well in low light
ppl tell me that plants with wider or darker leaves usually do well in low light, is that true?

thanks guys for the quick info! the list of low light plants was nice :)

another question: i have the stock hood, can i put compact fluorescents fit in there? and where do i get them? i have a home depot near me

Back
Top Bottom