More appropriate spot for this: New tank/ stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adam.calhoun123

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys! I have a 30 gallon tank (ooh-ahh), and a marine land 55 gallon canister filter filtering it right now. I have my tank at a temperature of 79 degrees, and all my gravel graveling, and my decorations decorating.

Recently I have been reading a desired level of ammonia after dosing it up to 4 ppm (better worded: my aquarium ammonia is at 4 ppm). The water on the 3rd day clouded up as I believed due to possible gravel dust not being cleaned in the entirety, but after a 4 days vacation I have come back to an even thicker cloud. This cloud can be described as a milky yet still see-through substance. What is happening? Will it go back to my brilliantly clear water as before?

Also what are some first stocking options for the tank, AFTER I finish the long and rigorous fish less cycling??

All answers and advice are appreciated!

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hey guys! I have a 30 gallon tank (ooh-ahh), and a marine land 55 gallon canister filter filtering it right now. I have my tank at a temperature of 79 degrees, and all my gravel graveling, and my decorations decorating.

Recently I have been reading a desired level of ammonia after dosing it up to 4 ppm (better worded: my aquarium ammonia is at 4 ppm). The water on the 3rd day clouded up as I believed due to possible gravel dust not being cleaned in the entirety, but after a 4 days vacation I have come back to an even thicker cloud. This cloud can be described as a milky yet still see-through substance. What is happening? Will it go back to my brilliantly clear water as before?

Yes, it will clear up once the biological process is established.

Also what are some first stocking options for the tank, AFTER I finish the long and rigorous fish less cycling??

All answers and advice are appreciated!

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
What type of tank/fish do you like?

• community tank
  • Southeast Asia tank
  • Amazon tank
  • cichlid tank
  • livebearer tank

Back
Top Bottom