Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-10-2021, 03:15 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Smile Moving an established tank

Ok so hi I'm new here and I just found someone selling their tank setup close to my home maybe 5 mins minutes from my house itís a 10 gallon tank thatís already established Iím really worried about causing stress to the fish and about the beneficial bacteria in the tank how do I properly make sure I can keep all the bacteria in the tank donít want to have to start the cycle all over again and kill of these awesome fish.Just want to make sure I do the correct thing. Added A picture of the tank so you can get an idea of what can be done.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9CC423F7-0E32-425E-8676-342BE1A2763A.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	259.1 KB
ID:	320483  

Old 04-10-2021, 11:41 AM   #2
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Hi, Iíd just transport the filter and gravel in a bit of their own water so they stay wet. Assuming this tank is fully cycled Iíd be tempted to swish the gravel / filter pads in a bucket of treated tap water to clean off some gunk before setting back up.

Old 04-11-2021, 12:09 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delapool View Post
Hi, Iíd just transport the filter and gravel in a bit of their own water so they stay wet. Assuming this tank is fully cycled Iíd be tempted to swish the gravel / filter pads in a bucket of treated tap water to clean off some gunk before setting back up.
Thank you for your advice thankfully the person who sold me the fish tank had prepared some treated water and also old water from the tank in buckets so I was able to keep everything wet like you said. He had everything needed to safely move it he also added water softener he gave me bottles of water treatments even a bunch of items to be able to take care of the fish fry I feel like it was a good deal. So far everything is looking good everyone looks good and healthy cross our fingers it stays this way.

Tags
tank, moving, established tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com