My 10g finally cycled!! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.h2012

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ive had a lot going on in my family lately and I haven't tested my water in 10g for nearly two weeks. I just tested and I have 0 ammo and nitrites and my nitrates are between 10-20... So this means I'm cycled right? I have my 30 gallon I got over the weekend set up and got a heater today. I'm really considering doing a fish in cycle with my 30 and moving my two platies to it and just let my platy fry have the 10 gallon so the ones that have made it so far can survive for sure since I have only seen a few together at one time, and I'm constantly worried about them being eaten.

Mrs.h2012 said:
Ive had a lot going on in my family lately and I haven't tested my water in 10g for nearly two weeks. I just tested and I have 0 ammo and nitrites and my nitrates are between 10-20... So this means I'm cycled right? I have my 30 gallon I got over the weekend set up and got a heater today. I'm really considering doing a fish in cycle with my 30 and moving my two platies to it and just let my platy fry have the 10 gallon so the ones that have made it so far can survive for sure since I have only seen a few together at one time, and I'm constantly worried about them being eaten.

I'd dose to 4 ppm and see if the system can process it in 24 hours, just to make sure first

Can't dose ammonia, I did a fish in cycle and have fry in my tank as well

Also before I didn't test the water I was having a nitrite spike and nitrates started showing up, so I was thinking once nitrites were gone and all I had left was nitrates I was cycled... I could've misunderstood too, that's very possible!

Id just keep testing the water for a few days to make sure. I wouldn't move your plagues over because you're gonna lose the cycle with only fry in there. Id just get new platies to cycle the 30 with

Back
Top Bottom