My 29 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You are posting all over the place !

First try posting your tank details.

29g
Lighting ?
Filter ?
Substrate ? Gravel it looks like. Are you willing to add or change ?

Fauna ? ( fish species and how many )
Flora ? Any live plants ?
Decor ?

How long has this tank been running ?

What is your maintenance schedule ? PWCs etc.

What are your water tests showing ???

Then we can answer your questions much easier.

I wouldn't really want to change my gravel but I have a
Glo fish
Two guppies
two ghost shrimp
Hatchet
Two red eye tetra
Two Molly
Chinese algae eater
Two cherry barbs
Three zebra danios
Two long fin danios
Two snails
And a fish I don't know Wat it is I got at Wally world

image-2771091883.jpg

image-2388871053.jpg

It's been running four months and water test r all good

loach dude said:
Glo fish
Two guppies
two ghost shrimp
Hatchet
Two red eye tetra
Two Molly
Chinese algae eater
Two cherry barbs
Three zebra danios
Two long fin danios
Two snails
And a fish I don't know Wat it is I got at Wally world

Ok my advice:

Place the Chinese Algae Eater. CAE get big and mean.

Your poor Hatchet is all alone. Add more or rehome. If you add more, seal the top of your tank.

Tetras should be in a school. I'd add at least 4 more Red Eyes.

Mollies, keep an eye on them. They sometimes act semi-aggressive in some tanks. They are pigs for food also.

Cherry Barbs also prefer a group of their own kind. Add more but more females than males.

You've got plenty of Danios. A Glo fish is a Danio as well.

Find out what your mystery fish is. Try to get a better picture.

I'd use Otos or Pitbull Plecos or another Dwarf Pleco rather than a CAE. They are nasty and suck the slime coat off other fish.

Fill out schools or rehome fish. Then if you have room, Perhaps add other fish. Take care of the ones you have first.

image-1337545487.jpg

image-3851101942.jpg

He has a yellow body and a black dot on his tail And a black streak down his side.

Attachments

• image-714452665.jpg
    image-714452665.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 51
Your tank is very poorly stocked. You really need to get in the habit of researching the species you get to see how many they need in their school, size or compatibility issues, etc. That's responsible fishkeeping.

+1 to Coursair's advice.

loach dude said:
He has a yellow body and a black dot on his tail And a black streak down his side.

It's difficult to be certain because the pic is blurry, but it looks like a female rosy barb to me. It seems you have a lot of schooling fish, but few schools other than the danios.

Good for you, that your tank is cycled and stable btw. So that part is fabulous.

Now it's just a matter of helping your fish and your tank realize its potential.

I wish I had a tank that size ;) My biggest tanks are 10gs. In the past I had a 55g, 30g and a 10g.
Now I have 4-5 small tanks.

So learn about your fish, no more buying mystery fish LOL.

I didn't buy the fish my mom did so next time I go to walmart I'll look

I'm also saving for a 10 gallon tank and live plants so I can get some dwarf puffer

My replies below in blue....
Glo fish - these prefer groups of 6+
Two guppies
two ghost shrimp
Hatchet - at least 5 hatchets are recommended, they like to group
Two red eye tetra - 5+ for these guys too; they might attack the guppies though
Two Molly
Chinese algae eater - return or rehome ASAP; they can become very aggressive as they mature and it'll grow too large for your tank
Two cherry barbs - 5+ for these
Three zebra danios - 5+ for these too BUT you might be ok with these and the zebras and glofish; they all might shoal together
Two long fin danios
Two snails
And a fish I don't know Wat it is I got at Wally world - best to find out

To answer your initial question: you can't add any more fish now as you're already overstocked. Either return/rehome some and/or upgrade to a much larger tank so you can fill out some of the schools mentioned above. You could remove the CAE which wouuld give you some room to add 4 more Hatches and a few more cherry barbs.You'd be 100% stocked then, but you might be able to squeeze in a few more red eyes to fill out their school too. You'd be slightly overstocked then but nothing major, just keep up a good maintenance routine (50-60% of the water changed weekly) and make sure you have double the filtration for your tank. There still might be an issue of aggression between the red eyes and the guppies though.

Back
Top Bottom