My 55 cycle log

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xwesx1978

Aquarium Advice Freak
got my tank all filled up and ammonia added , whoever it was that said 20ml was 4ppm in a 55 is very correct .

also i got a very nice piece of drift wood today , i will post pics when i find our camera , gonna just tank soak it since i wont have fish for a few month anyways.
I only have 20 pounds of eco in there gonna add the rest when there delivered , should have waited perhaps but I wont have fish for a good while so it will have plenty of time to clear up
Day 1

Ammonia. 4ppm
Nitrite. no test
Nitrate. no test

xwesx1978 said:
got my tank all filled up and ammonia added , whoever it was that said 20ml was 4ppm in a 55 is very correct .

also i got a very nice piece of drift wood today , i will post pics when i find our camera , gonna just tank soak it since i wont have fish for a few month anyways.
I only have 20 pounds of eco in there gonna add the rest when there delivered , should have waited perhaps but I wont have fish for a good while so it will have plenty of time to clear up
Day 1

Ammonia. 4ppm
Nitrite. no test
Nitrate. no test
Yay! Congrats and good luck :)

excuse the crappy camera phone pic but heres the drift wood i got
img_1485260_0_fe3014bf470e4af7e48594b071ffb184.jpg

also i got my heater cranked up to 86 is this to hot ?

yea going heavy with co2

gonna be a little bit before i can afford my co2 system , so my plan is to get some med light plants mainly amazon swords and only run two bulbs on them until i get co2 , then im going crazy with plants , i want this thing to look like a jungle lol

Looks good, Ill be tagging along, I am about to get a good light for my 55 gallon and with Jetas advice I know what kind to get now. Hope you don't mind me lurkin in the shadows

Looks good, Ill be tagging along, I am about to get a good light for my 55 gallon and with Jetas advice I know what kind to get now. Hope you don't mind me lurkin in the shadows

no problem man im a total newb and will have a million questions im sure

Day 4

Ammonia. 4ppm
Nitrite. 0ppm
Nitrate. no test

I was praying for nitrites today but it was not meant to be , the rest of my eco is gonna be here weds WOOT

there is also a slight bit of tannins in the water today , so it seams to be leaching very slowly

I am a new guy to plants, but I can help with cycling for sure.

Day 6

Ammonia. 4ppm
Nitrite. 0ppm
Nitrate. no test

no action today , ammonia tube almost looked a darker green to me today might be because ive evaporated out a bunch of water , gonna refill in a little bit ,

lots of tannins today water is starting to look like week tea but i dont mind it , rest of my eco will be here tomorrow and my light fixture hopefully by friday so i can get get some plants this weekend

80 pounds of eco delivered today , i got it in the tank and it clouded it up real bad but cleared in a couple hours , finally after fighting with aqua traders all week my fixture has shipped and is gonna be here monday so sadly no plant shopping this weekend :( , I will not be ordering from that sight again

Day 9

Ammonia. 4ppm
Nitrite. 2ppm ????
Nitrate. no test

how come i got nitrites and my ammonia failed to drop ? maybe the live water from the eco is messing things up ?

Back
Top Bottom