My "New" old tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
any that could surive native climate like if i throw a betta in the stream its probly to cold etc. but i could be wrong but ive seen states ban fish for this reason before

But that's only one species in one region of the USA. There's lost of places and tons of fish that could be released and take over an area and it's happened with game fish here in CA. I think the State is just being dysfunctional about it because ferret's are illegal here too, but there 1,000's+ being kept as pets in CA.

you could try ADF's,but you might want to have them OR fish,as there practically blind.and about fish being illegal,because of danger if released,what about goldfish?they evolved into carp,didnt they?if they make any fish illegal because of danger if released,it should be goldfish.they can survive almost any water quality,and get really big.and out compete natural fish for food.

Oh ok thanks. That sounds cool, but I think I would like to stick with fish. The Dwarf Gourami is at the top of the list so far. I might try guppies as well.

I finally added fish to my tank. So far they are all getting along really well, but I will more then likely move them into my 55 gallon tank once i set it up.

Attachments

• F1.jpg
    F1.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 51
  • F2.jpg
    F2.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 50
  • F3.jpg
    F3.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 54
  • F4.jpg
    F4.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 50
nice pick ups

i hope you do move them. a 10g is a little too small for a dwarf gourami IMO. they are quite active and kind of big for a 10g. i would say 20g bare minimum imo. barbs are also not suitable for a 10g tank, they need to be in large schools to split up the aggression, and are far too active for a 10g. i would say 30g min. for tiger barbs.

10g tanks really aren't suited for "larger" fish like you desire. but how about some colorful smaller fish? a school of ember tetras or chili rasboras would look awesome in there. you could add RCS (red cherry shrimp) as well, which would look stellar in that tank.

Love ur substrate and decorations.. IMO if u have alot of fish in the ten gallon u might have ammonia problems.. I am experiencing it in my ten gallon now with only four fish. But my 29 gallon is doing really well!

Thanks. I only have 4 fish in the tank. The Dwarf and the barbs. Once my big tank is set up. I will move them over to that. Then I might go with a school of Some type of Tetras for this tank. So far the fish all seem to get along. It's cool watching the Tiger barbs swimming all around the tank together, and some times the Dwarf Gourami swims with them. I love all of the color in the tank as well.

Back
Top Bottom