My New Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm so glad you were able to tell from the pictures. It was annoying me not being able to research the specific fish. The smallest one was acting strange during Acclimation. It would be fine one minute an then float belly up or on it's side at the top the next. I thought it was going to die, but after we put it in the tank, it acted completed normal. None of the others were doing it, and it was only during Acclimation.

Courtesy of Dakota's iPod.

Well, it's been about a week an a half, like I said. I'm pretty sure it's gonna make it. It's even grown since I got it.

I know! I can wait to get it! Either naming it Roman, Julian, or Ninja. Probably Julian, cause he's a fictional character that is awesome!!(And HOT!! Lol.)

Sounds great! I can't wait to start mine... If only someone would buy our flipping house!!! (parents don't want to move a 29 gallon tank across town... Can't say I want to either... The tens hard enough!!!)

We may have to move. Moving the fish will be hard. I'll just have to make sure the gravel deco and filter stay wet. The fish are moving with us though, not going to restock or something.

Definitely. I'm attached to my pets now. One of the danios is definitely female, or just got more than her share of food, because I just noticed her belly is big like a females. Not sure about the others though. No fry ever showed up that I saw.

Bettababe1011 said:
I'm so glad you were able to tell from the pictures. It was annoying me not being able to research the specific fish. The smallest one was acting strange during Acclimation. It would be fine one minute an then float belly up or on it's side at the top the next. I thought it was going to die, but after we put it in the tank, it acted completed normal. None of the others were doing it, and it was only during Acclimation.

How do you acclimate your fish? Cories are labyrinth fish and will surface to get a gulp of air. If you are just floating the bag it may not have a large enough pocket of air. Just a thought.

Sent from my Droid using Aquarium Advice app

We ended up opening the bag even and getting a clothespin to keep it open.

I float the bag for about fifteen minutes, thirty minutes with the cories because their tank was kind of chilly( the lady who helped me instructed me to temp acclimate a bit more carefully, actually). Then I replace one fourth of the store water with tank water every ten minutes for a half hour. Then I net them out-carefully- and put them in the tank.

Lol, I just petted my first Danio! More like it came up to me and nipped/rubbed against my finger. I put my finger down about to my first knuckle, and they came about a fourth of an inch away from it. Then I put my finger tip at the surface and wiggled it. One very brave Danio came and nipped at my finger. It tickled.

I love that. Except my two angelfish kiss my fingers. I call it angel kisses ;)

Its so fun, I went and did it again and this time two came up to me and started kissing my fingers. And then one actually did rub it's side against my finger. Yup, they're as dear to me as my dogs, cats, horses, ducks or chickens.

One of my black skirt tetras used to eat out of my hand. Then he got some friends, and right now he thinks he's too cool for me. but he's getting there. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom