My New Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Five are doing good. One is hiding on the bottom behind a plant. In the bag all of the others were chasing him and biting pieces of his fins off. I hope he does okay. Now that they're in the big tank they've stopped though.

Sorry if this is entirely off topic, but homedog my "red tail shark" looks exactly like the rainbow shark in your photo. Its definitely a rainbow.
And bettababe hope that guppy does well!

Dylan5359 said:
Sorry if this is entirely off topic, but homedog my "red tail shark" looks exactly like the rainbow shark in your photo. Its definitely a rainbow.

Oh... Glad I could help? Lol.

Dylan5359 said:

Thanks. I'm beginning to be very worried. I can't find him. I looked all around, on the floor too. I haven't moved decorations yet, but I'm hoping he shows up in the morning. I have bad eyesight when it cones to seeing things right in front of my face, so I'm hoping it's a case of that!

How big is the tank? They've been known to jump ship or hide if stressed or in an unsuitable sized tank.

Ya, I hope you find him too. Mine disappeared one day too. I never did find him. :'( the avatar is actually in honor of him.

Homedog98 said:
How big is the tank? They've been known to jump ship or hide if stressed or in an unsuitable sized tank.

It's a twenty nine gallon. Like I said, I checked all around on the floor, and didn't find him. He didn't jump.

I found him, but he's not looking too good. Found a three point five gallon tank that I had forgotten about to put him in. It looks like one of his fins was nipped in half. If he survives, he shall be named Nemo.

Aww, keep us updated! Poor guy. Put some of the cycled gravel from the 29 in, put some of the tank water in too. It won't do much, but it's worth a shot. Do you have any aquarium salt/ an extra heater? Try and get some heat in there, and put about a fourth of a teaspoon of salt in there. That'll help him heal.

I don't have a way to put heat in for him, don't have aquarium salt, and didn't put gravel in, because his tail was getting stuck in the gravel. I will hang some gravel in there in a bag though. I think my snail and frog's tank has been seeded long enough to get a good bacteria colony. I also don't have any of the meds that help with fin growth. Isn't it like melafix, or pimafix? I can't remember the name.

I'll be sure to update on how Nemo does.

Lol, a freshwater fish with a saltwater name!

Bettababe1011 said:
I don't have a way to put heat in for him, don't have aquarium salt, and didn't put gravel in, because his tail was getting stuck in the gravel. I will hang some gravel in there in a bag though. I think my snail and frog's tank has been seeded long enough to get a good bacteria colony. I also don't have any of the meds that help with fin growth. Isn't it like melafix, or pimafix? I can't remember the name.

I'll be sure to update on how Nemo does.

Lol, a freshwater fish with a saltwater name!

Both. Can you float it in the tank somehow? That way at least itd have heat.

I don't have anything to float it in where it will get enough oxygen. I'll figure something out. I always seem to.

Back
Top Bottom