My New Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks. He seemed like he was doing okay, and then after I added the melafix he died. I don't get that.

Bettababe1011 said:
Thanks. He seemed like he was doing okay, and then after I added the melafix he died. I don't get that.

Wierd...well...maybe it just stressed him out :( live and learn I guess

It said it contained a chemical known to cause cancer and birth defects in humans! That's kind of scary!

Bettababe1011 said:
It said it contained a chemical known to cause cancer and birth defects in humans! That's kind of scary!

Lol...well hopefully you don't get stressed out! Those guppies need you momma betta :)

Yeah. I'm going to go get another one tomorrow. It was only in the bag that they picked on him because of the small space.

Don't worry, I'm not giving up on any of my fish!

Bettababe1011 said:
Nemo was the smallest.

Aww. Sad day. My old corgi was the runt... But her runt like qualities never existed. She bossed all the other dogs in the litter around! Including her twin brother. She did outlive all the other dogs in the litter though. :) I was so sad when she died.

Sorry for your loss, but you should seriously call the company just to make sure you know what went wrong. I mean maybe other people had the same problem.

I know what went wrong. The others nipped at it's fins because of the small space in the bag and the stress along with injury killed him.

Yeah. I'm going to go get another one tomorrow. It was only in the bag that they picked on him because of the small space.

Don't worry, I'm not giving up on any of my fish!

Way too keep your head up. Really sorry about the loss though... that sucks. You did the best you could, so I commend you for that. I'm hoping you won't have the issue again...

I'm curious how the next one turns out.

CoyoteWildfire said:
Way too keep your head up. Really sorry about the loss though... that sucks. You did the best you could, so I commend you for that. I'm hoping you won't have the issue again...

I'm curious how the next one turns out.

I'm sure it will be fine. The nipping stopped in the main tank, it was just that the damage was so bad that he died from it.

At first I was think, 'bought that melafix for nothing!' but then realized it's good to have on hand, like the ich meds I bought and then didn't need to use.

What upsets me the most is that he seemed to be such a fighter and I thought he was going to make it. At least he fought the filter the whole time, even after he died he didn't stick to the filter.

I think it is a really good idea to ask a pet store to keep only 2-3 fish per bag...depending on the distance you have to travel...never underestimate stress during relocation!

Yeah. I'll keep that in mind and ask her about it the next time I buy larger groups of fish like this. It never crossed my mind. Thanks for bringing that up.

Bettababe1011 said:
Yeah. I'll keep that in mind and ask her about it the next time I buy larger groups of fish like this. It never crossed my mind. Thanks for bringing that up.

Of course...like I say live and learn! Hope it makes you more successful

Back
Top Bottom