my new tank 28 gal bow front and tank mate sugestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brendan99

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello I have a new tank witch is a 28 GAL bow front that has been runnine since jan 1. It has 2 150 merineland bioweel filters (both good for 30 gal tanks) a merineland led doubble bright night and day led light super nice I have some fake rock and drift wood for decore.

As for what's living in it

- 2 ferns
- 1 seaweed liiking plant
- 1 moss ball
- 1 nerite snail
- 1 pleco snail
- 1 male sword tail
- 2 red platies
- 2 rummynoes tettras
- 3 black phantome tettras
- 2 red fin peecock ram's
- 2 fancy angels

What do we all think of my tank

I'm having some problems with nitrite and nitrate being hi but I'm doing water changes to try and fix that

I'm looking for 3 more cool fish to have in there 1 bottom feeder and 2 others what do we all sugest??

I would say don't add any more fish until you control the Nitrites spike, and the tank cycle properly.

Wait a little, also with the two angels maybe you are already fully stock, thinking in the future size of these fish.

jMO

Ya but if the angels get to big I'll move them to a bigger tank when I need to and I'm not looking to add big fish at most I was thinking a male and female blue ram to finish off the tank.

Also I've added a pic of my tank

Attachments

• image-643318211.jpg
    image-643318211.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 116
Nice tank, but I'd go with a few more black phantom tetras. They do better in large schools. And I wouldn't add rams. Your almost stocked already with the angels! But maybe when the angels outgrow that tank you could add a pair. Besides, rams are sensitive to water conditions and need a well established tank anyway, so you'd might as well wait.

Thanks that was another option I was thinking either the rans or adding 1 phantom and 1 rummynose to make the 2 tetra family's bigger

I think you could get away with two each, just get in control of your water before you add anybody, and watch your water parameters.

Just wanted to corect my self I have a male and female doubble red cockatoid super cool looking that replace the red fin rams

Back
Top Bottom