My planned Eclipse 12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talon242

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well I think mts has hit and I plan on buying a eclipse 12. I would like to have a betta, some small schooling fish like white clouds, also I would like some panda corys, a few apple snails and a few ghost. I would want maybe like 8 panda corys and I dont know if I could fit in a school of maybe 6 white clouds also.

I don't know about you, but I like to keep my tanks' bioload on the lighter side. Your planned inhabitants sound like you will be on the heavier end of the spectrum.

Having said that, I think it will be fine because your cories will live the majority of it's life on the very bottom and your w. clouds will be mid-top level swimmers.

Just keep in mind that your options for upgrading the filtering on the Eclipse are pretty limited - that seems like a bit much for that tank IMO, but if you work your way up to it you can judge for yourself as you monitor the water quality.

My Elcipse 12 has 4 neon tetras, 1 otto, a few plants, and a black mystery snail, and I do 25% water changes about every 1-2weeks. This setup keeps nitrates in the 10-20ppm range for me.

It will probably be semi planted to if that matters any. Other wise ill just have to test as i go and figure it out from there.

I know some will yell at me ... but my w clouds are in a group of three and happey with a betta in a four gallon.. If I am thinking right panda cories are 3 inches at adult hood?? maybe some dwarfs?? My bettas all seem to like the clouds... one of them is with two dwarf cories and a pitbull pleco in a nine gallon

Back
Top Bottom