My Starting Tanks Story and My New Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dan_Forbz

Aquarium Advice Activist
hey all :) i recently started setting up an aquarium and did all the mistakes :) learnt alot from them, and now im slowly getting on the right track. my mistakes included , no knowing of the fishless cycles ( in which im still learning), not knowing about getting a water tester and getting the right levels. ( still reading forums on this ) and putting fish in the tank without researching them. My fiance had her heart set on a maingano and because it was in the same tank with other fish like red fin sharks and electric yellows i thought they would get along fine.

with my new tank i let it run for a few days adding water agers and amrite down into the water to get it better prepared. let it run some more and acclimated the fish and put them in. all was fine for a few days until the maingano ( a.k.a. grumpy ) decided to start attacking the other fish. only after i lost my electric yellow and an angelfish was i actually starting to wonder , ok these fish arent getting along.

my red fin shark and maingano seemed to get along so i left it after pulling up a heap of information on the two. seems maingano's are territorial cichlids and like (hidey holes) and to move rocks (dig). still abit unsure of red fin sharks ( if any1 has some info)

about 3 weeks through i noticed the maingano, grumpy was starting to attack the red fin shark, nipper. so i just watched closely and over a few days saw that nipper the red fin shark was getting better ( his back tail had grown back).

they were fine after that until just 2 days ago. nipper the red fin shark had his tail fin bitten worse. so yesterday i went to the pet shop and baught a breeding trap to place nipper until he healed. he seems to be happier . of course this is just temporary until i get my larger tank.

im looking at a Jebo r375 if any1 has any information on how they are? my 23 L tank is also a Jebo. model number r331 and seems to have a decent filtration system. now reading some forums i might have to try buying a test kit and see just how good it is :p .

from reading forums im very curious about this thing called a python. im in australia and am just curious about finding a place to obtain such an item :p.

if any1 could suggest some things i can also do that i havent done yet and am not planning to do please reply. :)

cheers Dan Forbz

You could check Ebay for a Python. They are IMO, a necessity! Makes changing the tank water SOOOO much easier!

Back
Top Bottom