My tank is so messed up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

michelle5012

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 55 gallon fish tank with 2 dwarf mbunas about half inch, 2 haps about 1 inch, 4 regular mbunas about 1.5 inches. I also have a smaller bristol nose pleco and a synodontis catfish. My tank is cycling again because I added the 2 dwarfs and the 2 haps, so it is soooooooooo cloudy that I can't find my catfish at all!!! I have looked in the rocks, in the stump and it's either hiding very very well or someone ate it. But I did find a very small fry of the dwarf mbuna's, just one and I left it in the tank. The mother seems to be protecting it, but I don't know how it will fair with the bigger fish in the tank. All my fish are doing well and no signs of dying, any ideas about my catfish? He was there yesterday morning, but last night NOTHING! I have a lid on the tank and canister filter for a 110 gallon tank. I almost ready to give my fish away and sell the tank, stand and everything that goes with it. HELP!

Is this the same tank with the Johnanni? If so, its much more helpful if you post all the relavent information in a sngle thread insted of scattering it across several threads. It makes it much easeir for people to help you.

I am the same person but different issues. The bloom is gone and I found my catfish ALIVE. The Johanni issue started last night.

Can you please post your parameters so we have a better idea of whats happening here? Adding additional fish likely caused a mini-cycle. You will need to stay on top of daily testing and water changes until your bb adjust.

Back
Top Bottom