My tanks.......advice/suggestions welcome :O)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xtinction

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Im currently running 3 tanks. Im almost done stocking all but am wondering if I should move any fish around and need some suggestions on what else to do with my 55.

Heres my 10 - 1 yoyo loach, 1 ancistrus pleco and 7 neon tetras. I mainly got the loach because I had a snail outbreak and its been doing well on keeping the population low. Tank has a gravel substrate, undergravel filter and a aquatech 5-15 HOB

My 20 - 4 zebra danios (plan on getting 1 more to complete the school), 5 black phantom tetras, 3 aeneus corrys and 1 creamsicle sailfin molly. The molly is in there because i dont know what to do with it, it was an impulse buy when we first got our 10 a while ago before i actually did my research.....want to get rid of it because it currently doesnt fit anything. Tank has a gravel substrate, undergravel filter and 2 aquatech 5-15 HOBs.

My 55 - 7 green tiger barbs, 7 blk ruby barbs, 3 julii corys, 1 peppered cory, 1 clown pleco. Its sand substrate, has 2 large chunks of driftwood as well as lots of hiding places and I have 2 aquaclear 70s.

My 55 isnt done, im not sure what to add. I do want an algae eater, another pleco perhaps but I dont want one that will get huge. I was thinking about adding a blue lobster?? And still need to put something on top level. Which i thought about moving the danios over then I have some room in my 20 to add a pleco, a snail eater and something on top?

Thanks in advance, if i figure out how to post pics Ill put up my tanks

ok.. hmm. Let me see. I've got a few suggestions so let me get those out and I'll see if I can make sense of it too.

First off I don't think anything in your 10 gal can stay.. I would suggest moving the neons, IMO a 10 gal is too small for them. Though they are small fish , they are really active. I have a school in a 20 and they def make use of the space!

Loaches like company and a 10 gal is too small. You need to add more. I would suggest 3 or 4.

Your pleco I believe is going to get about 9 inches long which is also way too big for a 10 gal.

So, I hope someone else can chime in on this.. I think this is a good arrangement given what you have but I know a limited amount about corys and loaches so I`m not 100%.

10 gal - molly, clown pleco, I know 10 gal isn't ideal for a molly but I`m not sure if there is room in the 20. The clown pleco is only going to get 3.5 inches and I think it`s the only bottom dweller you have Id keep in here because it can be alone and it would be pretty comfy. I would think about getting a piece of drift wood for him too in this tank

20 - 5 danio, 5 black phantom and the 7 neons. all 7 corys to I think

55 gal - 7 tiger barbs, 7 ruby barbs, ancistrus pleco and put the loach here and add a couple more to the group.

I don`t think I missed anyone.. lol.

Back
Top Bottom