Nano tank questions.........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hb3133

Aquarium Advice Activist
Good day to all! I recently purchased a 2 gallon tank from Petsmart and I plan on making it a shrimp only tank. I had a few questions to the more experienced nano tank keepers. I've been keeping freshwater tanks for nearly 2 years and I have been sucessfully breeding red cherry shrimp for 8 months. First, the tank came with an underground filter and I have never used one before. Is it best to purchased a power filter ( Red Sea Deco Art or Azoo Palm filter) instead of setting up the UG filter? I am only planning on keeping blue shrimp in the tank along with different mosses ( Java/Christmas and Peacock) so I didn't know if the UG filter would be okay. I will transfer some Eco-complete from my other tank to use as the substrate. Lastly, what CF bulb would be good for the moss? Is 10 watt good enough considering the size of tank? Thanks!

The UGF is perfectly fine. Java moss does not do well in a tank that's very bright. I think you should be OK with whatever lighting came with the nano. JMO.

Back
Top Bottom